Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Honey Mustard Dressing

This recipe isn't anything spectacular, just a dressing that I have made over and over again. We have used it for salads and sandwiches, I believe it would be delicious on roast or poached salmon. An added bonus-its low-calorie (just don't tell anyone).
I wanted to include it here, in the archives, because I make it so often,
but I adjust it every time I make it. So, I am going to write it out, exactly the way I make it, so I don't have to do anymore adjusting. And, if I happen to make it for 50 people, I have an actual recipe I can multiply.
The original recipe calls for light mayo, but I never have light. 

Honey Mustard Dressing
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 scallion, minced, or chives

Combine ingredients and whisk until smooth. Store in a canning jar or container of your choice in the fridge.

Oh, PS, I did a little math and it works out to be about 26 calories per Tablespoon. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

RECOMMEND US!!